Sprint and HTC Announce EVO 4G LTE
Posted April 5, 2012on:
In a press event held earlier today HTC and Sprint have announced the next model in Sprint’s HTC EVO line of flagship Android smartphones with the HTC EVO 4G LTE.
The phone will be released in the second quarter for $199.99 after new 2 year agreement and pre-orders for the phone will begin on May 7. This is Sprint’s version of HTC’s flagship One X smartphone announced earlier this year.
Starting with the phone, the following key features are updated from the 4G and EVO 3D:
· Android 4.0, Ice Cream Sandwich, integrated with Sense™ 4.0
· 4.7-inch HD super LCD display at 720p resolution
· 1.5GHz Dual-Core Qualcomm™ Snapdragon S4 Processor
· Near Field Communication for information transfer and mobile wallet support
· Google Wallet support
· Android Beam™ support to quickly share Web pages, apps and YouTube™ videos with friends using NFC by simply tapping phones together
· 3G/4G mobile hotspot capability, supporting up to 8 Wi-Fi enabled devices simultaneously
· Wi-Fi® – 802.11 a/b/g/n
· 8-megapixel camera with f/2.0 lens, super-fast auto-focus, digital zoom and smart LED flash; HTC ImageSense to take great photos, in adverse conditions; front-facing 1.3-megapixel camera with 1080p video recording.
· Beats Audio support at the operating system level
· 3.5 mm headset jack
· Dimensions: 5.3 x 2.7 x 0.35 inches (LxWxT)
· Weight: 4.7 ounces
· Display: 4.7-inch HD 720p super LCD (1280 x 720), 16.7 million colors
· Battery: Imbedded 2000mAh Lithium Ion (Li-ion) battery
· Memory: 16GB internal memory* (ROM); 1GB RAM; supports up to 32GB microSD card (sold separately)
The phone will be one of the first phones to support Sprint’s forthcoming LTE network, expected to launch in mid-June in Atlanta, Baltimore, Dallas, Houston, Kansas City and San Antonio. Sprint has also confirmed that the carrier will allow all current unlimited data plans on the network with no restrictions of any sort.
The phone is also notable for being one of the first An